Tuesday, August 19, 2008

How did I become Chairman of the Board for Cub Scout Pack XXX

Well the story starts off with very little scouting experience as a boy. Probablly more informal than formal. Formally a year here and year there. Enough of that, So we time warp ahead to 1999.

It was April in 1999 that My son was born. I knew that he was going to be in Scouts just as soon as he went into second grade. Another time warp to 2005.

What is going on here? He's in first grade Scouts starts in second grade. My first rude awakening.

Ok so I'm a tiger parent. Then the leader moved and I'm the only returning parent. Automatically I'm the wolf Leader. Whew, I made it though that year. Well we moved summer 2007, just far enough I wasn't going to be able to make it back and forth to the old school. Ok so school night is coming up. Well I think it would presumptuous of me to wear my leader's uniform, I buy a blue and gold polo from the scout shop.

Now, I see that was my undoing. I walked into Scout night. and instantly the Cubmaster sees the shirt and starts the full court press. I must admit I was looking for a place to be a leader, but THE LEADER. Well at least I have until January to work this all out. In the mean time I'm registered as an assistant den leader.

Hah! I start taking over meetings in November.

No comments: