Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to School Pack Meeting

Friday we had our first pack meeting since school started.  We invited all of our prospects. We had 3 that joined, one brought back the application from our school'sMeet the teacher night.  That is a little less than 20%  rate of return  on the parents that signed in that night. I think that is  about half of my Centennial unit goal.

Otherwise back to the Pack meeting.  We started late by ten minutes or so. But we wrapped up at about 1 hour and 15 minutes.  I always try to throw in a couple * sparklers*, run ons, quick skits, etc. to the meeting. This month I had our lone tiger  try the Wire for the cubmaster run on. He was not very enthusiastic about it. It flopped horriblly. I had a Webelos 1 doing the "Taking my case to court" run on and it worked much better. I'm sure our pack meetings  don't have the entertainment value that Cubmaster Chris' meetings have, yet we try to have more fun each time. We scarfed all of our returning scouts and handed out mucho cub scout belt bling and webelos' loot.

I warmed the parents on the the budget and popcorn sales as the sale starts the day after our next pack meeting. I still have to figure out our order on show and sale. We allowed our fledging Charter Organization to sell nachos and raffle tickets at the meeting.  Our Charter organization is a whole other post.  All I have to saynow  is thank you Plano Pack 754 for doing it first or at least before us.

Our School night for Scouting is tonight. I'll try and post tomorrow.

No comments: