Monday, October 20, 2008

Popcorn and Twitter

Thank goodness my portion of the weekend popcorn sales are over.  Ok, it's for the most part that I'm done. I'm popcorn kernal so I'm still work on popcorn until December, argh.  I know a few people follow me on twitter. As I sat  out at a show and sell yesterday I had to vent my frustration with  Sunday's and selling popcorn via twitter.  Sunday is normally when I pack up the young'un  and head door to door. People are at home, but some people wanted to  setup on Sunday at a store.  From Noon til 2:00PM, My son and I sat there and sold $48 of popcorn.  The next two hours they had better luck making nearly $100 and hour.  

Anyway,next weekend is a Web-o-ree. So I'm out  camping and having fun. Someone else can sit and watch the popcorn stand. Then the sale finally draws to a close On October 30th.  This chairman is done being a kernel, as I have not had a day off since September 27th.  I want to go watch my daughter  in a t-ball game. My son wants to start the tradition  that we go watch the Dallas Cowboys lose the game, at the nearby Wings-To-Go, over a couple of rootbeers and a heap of kid safe hotwings. 

I knew Popcorn Kernel was going to be rough, but man I can't believe just how rough its been. This past weekend I hit a physical wall, that just about crushed me.  I need to make a whiteboard and dump my thoughts on what to tell the next popcorn kernel, before I lose them.

Of  course I couldn't leave well enough alone.  I did volunteer to give Committee training for Cub Scout Leader Specific.  That did a number on me emotionally.  I woke up many times during the night  with nerves  and finally gave up and watched the DVR shows at 4:00AM. I headed out for the training location at 7:00AM. By 4:00PM I needed a nap but the wife had plans for me that did not include NASCAR.  I have to watch what I enlist for a bit more carefully.

My Camp Flagpole post made The Weekend Patrol Box  on http://scoutsigns.blogspot.com/. Hooray Me! Now its time for some Hooray Root Beer!

No comments: