Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Watching boy's grow

Last night I had the pleaseure of watching my son grow.  Now I have this priviledge everyday, but it is often akin to watching grass grow or paint dry.  My son has a bunch of opportunities his friends don't have. Our council does Merit Badge University twice a year. He has gone  and been around boy scouts.  Yet last night, he dove head first into the troop meeting  we visited.  I normally see him hang back in uncertain circumastances. I know I certainly do.  The scouts welcomed him and started figuring out when he could cross over, tried to find a way to get him out camping with them.  I guess in the end it was his willingness to jump in and the scouts handling of this little Webelos that had surprised me last night. 

So to the Parents out there Be Prepared, your scout  is growing up on you and that time is running out. Keep a keen eye and you'll see these growth spurts .

No comments: