Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Googling Commissioner Service

About mid February, I registered  a URL for  my district UC  service and a toy for me.  I wanted to see how google apps and sites tied together and how best to use it.  You can get an awesome front end view from  the Scouting units that have come to use Google apps.

I was just handed a couple of necessary but annoying  forms that needed to be completed and turned in.  So I went and created google apps forms to replace the paper forms. So  for now  We don't have a Commissioner's website, just a commissioner's tools website.  Hopefully it has the tools we need to be more successful as Commissioners.

The best part of  this was  I shared it with my District Commissioner, who in turn spoke about it  at a Council commissioners meeting.  The other districts' commisioners were  all like, "I want  those tools too!"  While the tools aren't exactly what I'd want to go public on  they are a far site better than we have available otherwise.

What tools did I create? Unit Self assessments, District monthly awards nomination form and Unit contact  information submittal.

1 comment:

Liberty said...

More proof that it's the volunteers cranking out actual useful tools and not National. *wink* You get a gold star of AWESOME for your work. If you do decide to go public with what you've done, I know you'd make a LOT of people very, very happy.