Thursday, March 25, 2010

It was election time.

This week started out with a call that a fellow scouter had died suddenly. He will never know how much he inspired me to be a trainer. He really focused on getting us trained on the trained patch level. Mr. Barrentine, you will be missed.
Next up were  elections  for my sons troop.  The elections went surprisingly well considering the boys elected the  SPL and both PL's before the Scoutmaster announced that the new boys would be in a new boy patrol.  I still have many questions about the elections and how they were carried out.  But I am very proud my son was elected PL of the new boy patrol. The scouts had unknowingly elected  a new boy, an experienced boy  and a solid candidate for SPL.   The Troop committee adoted a training policy so that ASM's get trained within 6 months of joining the troop. This vote was a lot less debated than the healthcare vote. Everyone seemed to be ok with the results.

The pack is doing something interesting tonight, They are having  Den meetings for 45 minutes then 45 minutes of Pack meeting.  I'm not the Cubmaster  and I'm not sure I 'd do it this way.

Saturday, I'm bailing on the troop campout to train some webelos leader's  and my son opted for his school's  spring carnival. But we have a solid show for the campout. 5 adults and 8 or 9 scouts.  This is a backpacking trip in to  a primitive camp site, so it should shake the  new scouts down. They are all looking forward to it.

No comments: