Friday, March 19, 2010

Storing My camping gear

 I told @scoutdude that My storage arrangements for camping gear was a blog post so here goes. It all lives in my garage. We also have a pop-up, but I prefer to grab the tents and go as I can decide to go camping on the way home on Friday.

Car Camping gear:

Section one the dutch oven stack:  On the bottom is a Sportsman's Warehouse Fire Pan Similar to this. Next is a  Camp Chef Dutch oven Table. My  14" Lodge  Dutch Oven, My two Sportsman Warehouse 12" dutch Ovens, and  2 Cheap  footless dutch ovens. In a bag similar to a USGI mechanics bag  I have  a DO tool set.  gloves/ Mair Lid Lifters, tin spoons, spatulas, and several tongs.  I almost forgot the Chimney Starter.

Another pile / Section 2 is the  Folding aluminum Tables, Camp Chairs, and Our 10 x 10 Canopy.

Section 3 is the cheap sleeping bags There are 5 of us  so that  takes up a shelf on an 18x 36 shelf unit.

The shelf above that has  an army shelter half tent, 3 Coleman 4 man tents ( our normal tents), a Sears 3 room tent, and a two man hiking tent  from Academy Sports. and finally  on top of that is  an Eagles nest outfitters Hammock, strap, and tarp  setup.

Contico Footlocker 1: Coleman stove and Propane canisters, Bowls, Car Camp mess kits, flashlights, emergency ponchos, misc...
Contico Footlocker 2: Dry goods for car camping.

Hiking Gear:
The packs are leaning against the  wall near the car camping gear. Most of the little things stay in the pack while the big items come out to get proper care.

(This is both My son's and My Gear) Pads and Sleeping bags unstuffed / unrolled and laid over top of Shelving unit.

Kelty Super Tioga:  Dad's bathroom ditty bag, Jetboil, Brunton Raptor stove , Xbowl and X cup, MSR folding spork, powedered drink ditty bag, Frog Toggs,  Led light for tent, Stuff sacks for clothing, drop cloth for tent/ tarp. Personal first aid kit, Camp axe, Firestarter. camp towel. Camp cord.

Jansport scout: Son's Bathroom ditty, Coleman  exponent stove,  GSI Outdoors  group pot set,  Camp towel, Rain gear, Personal First Aid kit, Stuff sacks for clothing.

No comments: