Tuesday, November 18, 2008

T minus 2,160 hours till Recharter

 I have already wasted 288 hours since I was handed my recharter packet. There is currently 90 days left before recharter. So what should have I been doing and what have I done? First off  according to the  packet I should of had this 15 days longer than I have.  Such is life.

I should have a membership and rentention chair to hand all this off to, but I don't.  So here's some skinny.

I have  checked the roster  once against mine. I Have given applications to the den leaders with boys  that arenot on the recharter paperwork.  These boys need to be turned in  within the next 30 days.  Starting in mid January  The council will put  us in a no paperwork zone. Meaning they  put everything off until I am ready to turn in  the recharter package.

Ok we have a list of  boys that is now solid, If you have a program like  Packmaster you can  create a fund rasier and  sell each boy national dues, boys life, and  a pack dues  item. Otherwsie you can do similar in excel, open opffice or on a sheet of paper.  Make sure you have a reciept book. 

If you have someone with Visio  have them make a pack organization chart  with all the positions on it.  Othewise  grab some grid paper and draw it out.  Check with everyone on the current org chart  that they want the position for another 12 months. Check with them for people that may fill holes you have in the org chart. So  by  the next Commity meeting you should have an idea of which positions you will need to fill.

At the next Pack Meeting, announce that you will  be collecting for recharter and the final  date for payment is 15 days prior to your recharter date. Be aware that you will say this for the next 3 pack meetings and no one will  pay attention.

So here is a copy of the org chart I created last year.  I suggest that you ask people to commit  to two years  that way you can create a succession plan. Yet ask them if they want the posiotn every year. I pulled every position  from the leader book.  This doesn't  have the scout parent coordinator position. I hope some of you still find it useful. 
  
P.S. If you want a copy of the visio or the image, I will be happy to email one or both to you.  

No comments: